Sticky, sweet yet crunchy. The perfect flapjack. Something to indulge in on a cold winters afternoon.
I like adding chocolate chips, cherries or dried fruit and seed mix to this recipe to make the flapjack extra special but this recipe is for the base.
I am sure you will be able to experiment and add your own treats to make it more personal and special.
175g demerara sugar
2 tbsps. golden syrup
225g porridge oats
- Melt the margarine, sugar and syrup gently in a pan.
- Once they have melted stir in the oats.
- Tip the mixture into a lined baking tin, I use a 7.5 inch by 8.5 inch but it really depends how thick you want your pieces of flapjack.
- Press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180C.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into pieces, it will make 12 or 16, depending on the size you prefer.