Cranberry and pistachio biscotti may be a little different to the more traditional fruit and nut or chocolate recipes but it still works very well. Indeed, cranberry and pistachio always seems to be a perfect flavour combination. Continue reading “Biscotti”
You can go through life meeting a lot of new people, making friends and acquaintances, although many come and go with changes in jobs, homes and relationships. Continue reading “True Friends”
These are amazing! I’ve had so many positive comments about these cookies so I would definitely recommend trying them.
They are delicious whilst still warm, the caramel centre gooey but sticky. As they cool, the dough becomes crisper. Depending on how you like your cookies will probably define when they get eaten! If you want a cake-like, soft and warm cookie then these will be gone within half an hour of baking!
150g butter, softened
160g light brown soft sugar
260g plain flour
1 1/2tsp baking powder
100g chocolate chips
100g chopped blanched almonds
8 toffees, cut in half (or 16 whole ones
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line two large baking trays with nonstick baking paper. This is important as the toffee does stick to the tray quite badly!
- Beat the butter and sugar and beat, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the egg, add the flour and baking powder and, using a wooden spoon, gradually combine to form a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped up almonds.
- Put the toffees on a chopping board and cut in half. If this is too difficult then use whole toffees.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces, then press a piece of toffee into the centre of each. Shape the pieces into ball shapes, with the toffee enclosed in each; flatten a little and put onto the trays, allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden.
These cookies are best eaten warm while the caramel centres are still molten but they taste fine a few days later too.
Girl Heart Girl is a book which gives a detailed narrative of Lucy Sutcliffe’s life during childhood, adolescence and young adulthood. Sutcliffe has already made a number of films which she has posted on YouTube which detail parts of her life, especially the joys and trials of a long-distance relationship. Continue reading “Girl ♥ Girl”
Ascension Day is today, 25th May 2017. It is 40 days since Jesus rose from the dead. And today he ascended into Heaven. Continue reading “Ascension Day”
Christ, as a light
illumine and guide me. Continue reading “Christ as a Light”
The main final walk of the year with RamSoc was to the beautiful countryside of Matlock. The sun was shining through my window as I got ready and I was feeling optimistic. This would be one walk where I did not start out in my waterproof, dreading the weather which we would face when we entered the Peak District. I was hoping for a lovely day, warm weather and a pleasant walk. Continue reading “Matlock”